"I want to break him." She voiced this desire openly to the man standing before her. He was tall, and clad in wools that mimicked the earth in color. His face was rigid like a mask, never revealing the distaste he had for the bloodthirsty woman that spoke.
"I want to wring the life out of him with my own hands." She continued, examining her hands, and the blood red nails that tipped them. She slowly curled those fingers into tight fists. "I want to hear him struggle for air as I crush his windpipe." her voice was smooth, seductive... but ineffective at hiding the truly wanton desire for the violence she spoke. He could feel it rolling off of her in waves, this desire to visit horrible pain, and still he remained stoic.
"I want to bring him to his knees..." she looked down, seeming to imagine it, her dark eyes glittering in the dim lantern glow. "...and stare into his eyes as the light fades from them." She tilted those cruel eyes up, away from the floor and met the stare of that the figure standing just outside her reach.
"I want you to find Kale Bladeswinger, and I want him brought to me in one piece so that I can take him apart." Her tone was commanding, and he bowed slowly in compliance. Without a word he backed away from the woman, and at a respectful distance turned to stride out of the room. As the figure retreated from her presence the women fell back into her seat and pressed a finger to her darkly painted lips while thoughts of violence swirled in her head. She smiled.
At that moment in the evening, several weeks of travel outside the woman's grasp, Kale Bladeswinger sat on a stump of a tree while he examined the newest dent in his already battered helmet. Crumpled in the short grass nearby was the body of a bandit who had very briefly entertained thoughts of robbing him. Kale owed the new dent to this man, and a lucky swing with a hatchet.
"Figures." Kale muttered to himself, a look of distaste on his features. Tossing the helmet aside he rose to his feet and carried on North, toward the forest of Allendon. It was there he hoped to find an old soul that might help him.
No comments:
Post a Comment